We will be accepting six short stories of the highest quality for this anthology, which is designed to be read in one stormy sitting. The story must begin with an individual, couple, or group seeking shelter from a storm of some kind. Atmosphere, suspense, and a gripping plot are essential elements.
Acceptances: September 30th, 2017
Publication: Early 2018
What We Want:
Well-written and thoroughly edited tales in the following genres:
- Mystery (especially, a brilliant locked-room mystery)
- Psychological Horror
- Historical (but you need to know your facts, because we do)
- Strange and quirky stories
- More of this: Shop
It's also worth noting that we greatly prefer British English.
What We Don't Want:
- Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, or Modern Fairy Tales
- Science Fiction
- Supernatural Horror (but we will consider stories with an ambiguous ending)
Contributors will be paid via PayPal upon publication. Contributors will also receive an ebook copy of the issue and will be able to order up to ten print copies at near cost price.
Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds
Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece